1 December 2020, by Gabriella Edwards
1) Rail and road links:
Horsham is only an hour and a half away from London via the A24. Via train it only takes 51 minutes to reach London Victoria and just over an hour to reach London Bridge. Therefore, Horsham is very convenient to commute into London whilst also still being very rural. In addition, Gatwick Airport is only 20 minutes away from Horsham.
2) AMAZING days out:
Horsham has a wealth of activities for you to enjoy with your friends and family right on your doorstep, therefore, it isn’t necessary to travel miles for a fun day out!
- Horsham Museum offers exhibitions around their 26 galleries all about the history of Horsham.
- The Capital Theatre allows residents to enjoy the auditorium, two cinema screens, studio and gallery.
- The bowling alley and laser quest is a popular location for children’s parties.
- Horsham Park provides residents with 24 hectares of open space, a sensory garden, human nature garden and also an outdoor gym.
- The Pavilions, a leisure center which has a gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
3) Outstanding Schools:
Horsham has a variety of outstanding schools, therefore, this is ideal for families because it means that parents can choose the right school for their children’s needs. Horsham’s mixed secondary school is Tanbridge, however, you are spoilt for choice with Millais School, an all girls school and Forest, an all boys school. In addition, the Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee school is an outstanding special school for students aged 2-19.
Swan Walk has is home to an abundance of shops such as Topshop, JD Sport, Superdrug, Marks and Spencer’s and H and M. Horsham also has a variety of independent shops as well as a market which is located in the Carfax every Saturday, which provides locals with fresh food and unique products.
Horsham is a rural town and is surrounded by beautiful countryside, therefore, it provides a lovely balance for those who commute into busy London. With Knepp Castle and the Downs Link, as well as, the riverside walk right on your doorstep there is an array of walks to enjoy.